Natural Beauty Tips For Skin And Hair
In order to have shiny, healthy hair and smoother skin, you really don’t need to spend a ton of money or time. Here are some easy, back-to-basics ideas for a fresh face and natural hair to start looking your best! These items can be purchased at your local retail stores or on Amazon as well. It’s easy to use…just click on the Amazon link on the upper right side of this Blog (or below at the bottom I have a detailed Amazon search tool you can use). Copy & paste the product your interested in or want to learn more about. With Amazon Prime, you can receive the items within just a couple of days after ordering; which saves you driving time and wondering around looking for just the right product! Sure Can’t beat that!!
- For a radiant complexion slice a lemon in half and rub the cut sides over clean skin, or dab some lemon juice on a cotton ball. The fruit acids in lemons or basically any citric fruit are natural exfoliators. If you have grapes in the fridge, cut them in half and use them!
- Wake up puffy and/or tired eyes with eye cream that has been stored in your fridge. If you apply your eye cream from the outer corners of your eyes toward your nose, it will help to drain excess fluid in that area.
- Zap blemishes with two ingredients: anti-inflammatory arnica and antibacterial tea tree oil. Find them in Nelsons Pure & Clear Acne Treatment Gel $8.00.
- Protect your skin by applying black tea extract/moisturizer before applying sunscreen. The ingredient decreases the effect of UV radiation on skin and may help prevent sunburns, studies have shown. We like Juara Sweet Black Tea & Rice Facial Moisturizer $32.00.
- Effective facial masks are applied in the shower, where steam opens pores so ingredients can penetrate. Smooth SanítasSkincare Cranberry Enzyme Mask $32.00 all over your face halfway through your shower to exfoliate dead skin cells, stimulate collegen production, retain skin moisture, and provide anti aging benefits. Rinse thoughorly before you step out.
- A healthy bronzing glow is easy to achieve without self-tanning creams or even sun exposure. Mix a pinch of loose mineral bronzer to 1 teaspoon organic sunscreen in the palm of your hand and blend it over your face for an instant glow with sun protection! Try Coola Face SPF 30 and BareMinerals All-Over Face Color.
- To firm your jaw, neck, and throat, yoga expert and instructor Annelise Hagen suggests this simple exercise “Kiss the Ceiling” move every day. All you have to do is slowly tilt your head back, pucker up, and try to kiss the ceiling; repeat 4 times.
- Summer sun bleached or dry hair strands need to be pampered using a hydrating mask with all-natural olive oil. Try paraben-free, silicone-free L’Oréal Professionnel Série Nature Masque $15.00.
- To preserve color treated hair, avoid shampoos that contain sulfates. “They’re a form of detergent that can fade color or make it brassy,” according to cosmetic chemist Alec Batis. Try Back to Basics Blue Lavender Color Protecting Shampoo $26.00 .
- Hair color root touch up in between colorings can easily be covered up with All Naturals Root Cover Up $17.00 or if you prefer a root touch up spray, try L’Oréal Paris Hair Color Root Cover $10.00. Using either of these products, you will be able to post pone having your hair roots colored by at least two-three weeks longer!
- For touchable and soft curls, Use a palm filled amount of Coconut & Hisbiscus Frizz Free Curl Mousse $11.00 with organic shea butter throughout your dampened hair. For a frizz free finish, just let your natural tendrils air-dry without touching, suggests Mara Roszak, an L.A.–based celebrity stylist.or try Tresemme’ Enhancing Flawless Curls Mousse for$8.00.
- To create tousled waves, use this trick from stylist John Masters: dissolve 1 tablespoon sea salt in a spray bottle filled with 8 ounces warm spring water, then add 10 drops of organic lavender oil; shake well, then spritz on damp hair and let it air-dry. You can also purchase sea salt spray in your favorite local beauty shop or retail store or try Redkin fashion waves texturizing sea salt spray $17.00.
- Add natural shine by using just a few drops of Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum $28.00 throughout your damp hair. The star ingredient, organic argan oil, also referred to as liquid gold, makes your hair strands glossy but won’t weigh them down. If using it on dry hair, be sure to start at your ends working your way up to your scalp. A little goes a long way so be sure to use sparingly so your hair isn’t weighed down or looks too oily.
- Preventing hair breakage in chemically treated hair by applying a protective/rich styling cream before using hot tools. One to try: SoftSheen-Carson Roots of Nature Strengthening Oil Moisturizer $7.00, which has natural ingrediants of green tea and shea butter.
- Fight frizzies using an alcohol-free hair moisturizer such as Aveeno Nourish+ Style Soft-Hold Smooting Crème $11.00 Well-hydrated hair cannot take in additional moisture from the air, so it doesn’t frizz.
- Strengthen hair strands with an easy do it yourself mayo mask (its cholesterol plumps the cuticle, Rusk stylist Sean James says). Comb 1/2 cup mayo through your wet hair and wait 15 minutes. Rinse out with cool water, then shampoo as usual.
I’ve spent quite a bit of time researching these ideas and/or products and I hope you’re able to use some of these tips…or forward them to someone you know that is! Thank you for visiting my blog Become A Natural Beauty! As always, I Love to hear your comments and suggestions!
Take Care & God Bless all of you Natural Beauties!